Thursday, May 5, 2011

From The Desk of Lola


The other day, I made an impromptu visit to a great little printing press kept under the radar in downtown Los Angeles called Traction Press. They do beautiful work. Looking through their samples I noticed a letterpress business card with a really great logo...


Maybe I am just out of the loop, but when I got back to my computer, I googled the company and came to find out that they are an LA- and NY- based design firm. Their site portfolio boasts some matchless work revealing an interesting emphasis on window treatments and other outrageously unique design elements...

A few from a Santa Monica residence...





Another Santa Monica home...




And a Gramercy Park residence...




it seems Lola likes lavender


A West Hollywood residence you may be familiar with...




And a Chappaqua Pool House...





Photos from thedeskoflola.com

2 comments:

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

I love the stacks of books. So dramatic, yet simple. Perhaps that's what creates the drama? If I did that in my house do you think I could convince sweet little Levi NOT to knock them over?

Aubree said...

@charmingly ordinary - totally do-able with little Levi! Would just need to buy these: http://www.cb2.com/storage/furniture/array-silver-bookcase/f702 - they are super heavy and can be attached to the wall so they won't fall over. If you fill them completely with books, it will give the illusion that they are stacked. Miss you!

Followers

I find that I am drawn to ideas. Whether they are brilliant, simple, or aesthetically beautiful (to my eyes), they tend to be other people’s ideas. I have much respect for people who have the vulnerability to bring their ideas to life. My first internal reaction is often envy, but then it becomes gratitude – and gratefulness for a creator that enables people to bring to life the ideas that He gives them. Occasionally though, one of those ideas is my own. They don’t come often, but when they do, no matter how small or insignificant they may be, I am humbled and inspired. This is a place for me to exhibit those ideas, mostly others – sometimes my own.