Monday, May 23, 2011

The Melrose Project

This past week for work, I stopped by a great space called...


The Project is a collaboration of showrooms, dealers and artists and is installed with both antique and contemporary furnishings, fine art and one of the more amazing, well-editted rug collections I have seen. The space has a minimalistic antique aesthetic, which makes it feel fresh and almost contemporary, rather than crusty (as my old boss and dear friend might say about antiques in typical executions). If you are on the West Coast, it is worth a visit.

Several vignettes of the space...












A few of my favorite pieces...
A deconstructed take on this 19th century French sofa with basic white muslin upholstery - see the open burlap back two images above.
Italian Neogothic Bronze Chandelier



Quistgaard rosewood & suede armchairs - 1950s



Danish Falcon Sling Chair - 1950s



Scullery table from an English Estate - circa 1770


2 comments:

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

This looks like a seriously inspiring place! We really can't wait to come visit you guys...

Aubree said...

@charminglyordinary - pretty please come visit!!!

Followers

I find that I am drawn to ideas. Whether they are brilliant, simple, or aesthetically beautiful (to my eyes), they tend to be other people’s ideas. I have much respect for people who have the vulnerability to bring their ideas to life. My first internal reaction is often envy, but then it becomes gratitude – and gratefulness for a creator that enables people to bring to life the ideas that He gives them. Occasionally though, one of those ideas is my own. They don’t come often, but when they do, no matter how small or insignificant they may be, I am humbled and inspired. This is a place for me to exhibit those ideas, mostly others – sometimes my own.