Friday, May 27, 2011

More Polone

Appreciating his contribution to Padraic Cassidy's pea green pool design, I did a bit more research on Tory Polone, which only confirmed that he is quite talented at designing fresh, unique exterior spaces.

First, a closer look at the patio by the pea green pool...

Great inset fire pit

Other Polone projects...

really love the simplicity of this entrance detailed with intricate lanterns


this is wonderful


interesting



another partially above ground pool...
@charminglyordinary - I know you guys like an above ground pool and am pretty sure Levi would love this.



I'm always a sucker for a grass-rimmed pool - the black lattice is a nice touch


nice architectural sculpture in the design - would love to see more detail of the pool area in the background, as well as the architecture these beams are stemming off of.


a built-in outdoor sofa - blends nicely with the landscaping


all photos from torypolone.com

2 comments:

Jak said...

Spotted in the background of the third pic, a Dedon Obelisk: http://www.dedon.de/en/collections/detail/collection/obelisk-16/obelisk-142/stone-15.html

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

Oh, yes. We would all feel like at home in a partially above-ground pool! But seriously, that built-in sofa is pretty awesome.

Followers

I find that I am drawn to ideas. Whether they are brilliant, simple, or aesthetically beautiful (to my eyes), they tend to be other people’s ideas. I have much respect for people who have the vulnerability to bring their ideas to life. My first internal reaction is often envy, but then it becomes gratitude – and gratefulness for a creator that enables people to bring to life the ideas that He gives them. Occasionally though, one of those ideas is my own. They don’t come often, but when they do, no matter how small or insignificant they may be, I am humbled and inspired. This is a place for me to exhibit those ideas, mostly others – sometimes my own.