Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back again...

Well that was quite the respite, but I am back at it. Moving and traveling has consumed my days this past month, but this little diddy called a blog may just benefit from that in the coming weeks.

To finish where I left off from this post with the highlights of Salt Spring Island...

Surprisingly delicious wine tasting left us with a bottle of Prism from Garry Oaks Winery and a bottle of Charmela from Mistaken Identity Vineyards...



We washed down our tastings with an unbelievable Thai Peanut Tofu Sandwich from Tree House Cafe.

On the art front, a gallery space called Pegasus Gallery particularly stood out to me when I saw serigraphs and photographs like these hanging on their walls...

Walter Joseph Phillips - Valley of the Ten Peaks

Robert Genn - Point

Eric Klemm - Clifford, Mohawk Indian

Eric Klemm - High Bar Road

above photos from PegasusGallery.ca

As for sleeping quarters, we landed on "Tiki Town" - the home of the "Pon Tiki" and our new friends' family who were kind enough in invite us aboard their stomping grounds in the middle of the bay, literally...



I have never seen anything like it. We had an amazing time, and I would highly recommend a jaunt to the island if ever the opportunity presents itself...

No comments:

Followers

I find that I am drawn to ideas. Whether they are brilliant, simple, or aesthetically beautiful (to my eyes), they tend to be other people’s ideas. I have much respect for people who have the vulnerability to bring their ideas to life. My first internal reaction is often envy, but then it becomes gratitude – and gratefulness for a creator that enables people to bring to life the ideas that He gives them. Occasionally though, one of those ideas is my own. They don’t come often, but when they do, no matter how small or insignificant they may be, I am humbled and inspired. This is a place for me to exhibit those ideas, mostly others – sometimes my own.