Monday, November 21, 2011

Quite a Carousel Ride


I have a child-like fascination with productions of any sort that are somewhat over the top. Though I am a bit delayed in posting, the Louis Vuitton Spring 2012 runway from Paris Fashion Week blew my mind. The carousel accompanied by the most perfectly selected musical composition that sounded as though it were from an aged music box beautifully set the stage for Marc Jacob's creations for LV.

The film of the show is worth at least a watching or two. Unfortunately, my technological skills were not sufficient enough for me to embed a high-quality version of the video, so it can be viewed at this louisvuitton.com page.

The collection: crisp and delicate, feminine and seemingly innocent...














No comments:

Followers

I find that I am drawn to ideas. Whether they are brilliant, simple, or aesthetically beautiful (to my eyes), they tend to be other people’s ideas. I have much respect for people who have the vulnerability to bring their ideas to life. My first internal reaction is often envy, but then it becomes gratitude – and gratefulness for a creator that enables people to bring to life the ideas that He gives them. Occasionally though, one of those ideas is my own. They don’t come often, but when they do, no matter how small or insignificant they may be, I am humbled and inspired. This is a place for me to exhibit those ideas, mostly others – sometimes my own.