Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Milk Bar


I recently spent a bit of time in New York with some dear old friends. On a previous visit, my friend Cathryn exposed me to one outrageous cone of ice cream - Cereal Milk Soft Serve - at a little place called Milk Bar - Momofuku Milk Bar. I hesitated to order one because the idea of such a thing brings me back to being forced to drink my leftover breakfast cereal milk for lunch as a 4 year old in day care. But, with one taste of this little number I got over my bad childhood memory, and will never hesitate again.

On this past trip, I over-indulged myself in a couple more cones of Cereal Milk, not to mention an excessive amount of spectacular baked goods from Milk Bar...







Their recipes are peculiar yet so satisfying. This article from bon appetit features a few recipes - Crack Pie is at the top of my list to try.

I would highly encourage you to go out of your way to give Milk Bar a visit.

There are several Momofuku restaurants around New York with two more to come in Sydney and Toronto.

all photos from momofuku.com

1 comment:

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

Yum! Coincidentally, I have been wanting to try a recipe for chocolate chip and pretzel cookies. Must go find that pin Pinterest... :)

Followers

I find that I am drawn to ideas. Whether they are brilliant, simple, or aesthetically beautiful (to my eyes), they tend to be other people’s ideas. I have much respect for people who have the vulnerability to bring their ideas to life. My first internal reaction is often envy, but then it becomes gratitude – and gratefulness for a creator that enables people to bring to life the ideas that He gives them. Occasionally though, one of those ideas is my own. They don’t come often, but when they do, no matter how small or insignificant they may be, I am humbled and inspired. This is a place for me to exhibit those ideas, mostly others – sometimes my own.